Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cat in the Hat Testing Poem, Part C


Plans are moving along for our school's "Testing Pep Rally." It's always the Friday before our state testing week. We are going to be doing my The Night Before Testing and probably do a completely Dr Seuss theme for the entire event. (We are Seussed up from our shoebox float parade yesterday - we had 92 entrants and they were so creative!)

THE NIGHT BEFORE TESTING, PART C by Dinah Pike Houston

He jumped around and said he didn't want to go,
I'll show you another good game I know!"
Then he ran our and then, fast as a fox,
The Cat came back in with a big wooden box....

He picked up the hook and I saw something new - 
Two Things. (He called them Thing 1 and Thing 2.)

Once again I heard the voices that were saying NO,
Saying that I should really make them GO!

MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICES. YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!
DO NOT LISTEN TO THING 1 AND THING 2!!!

They grabbed some kites to fly in the house.
They ran all around like a cat after a mouse.
They TRIED to get me to play video games ALL night!
And, when I wouldn't, they wound me up tight!

One more section to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment