Friday, March 8, 2013

Cat in the Hat Testing Poem, Part D


This is the last section of my poem for the testing pep rally. Let me know how you might use it to motivate your students. Don't you just love The Cat in the Hat? We do!

 THE NIGHT BEFORE TESTING, Part D   by Dinah Pike Houston

They broke the clock that mom likes best
 And made ALL MANNER OF FUN of our TEST.
Well, I do not like it,  not one little bit...
I knew Ms Houston would have a fit!

MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICES, YOU LEARNED ABOUT THAT
DO NOT LISTEN TO THE CAT IN THE HAT!
MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICES, YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!
DO NOT LISTEN TO THING 1 AND THING 2!

Mr Cat, think of something to do!
We have got to get rid of Thing 1 and Thing 2!

"Oh, dear, you did not like our little game?
Fine, then, we'll go, what a shame, what a shame!"

And so, my brother slept through all the mess
But, I knew I would do my BEST on the TEST!!!!!
                                             -copyright 2007, Dinah Pike Houston

Feel free to insert your teacher or principal's name where I have "Ms. Houston."
Also, the capitalized chant parts are for all the students at the testing pep rally to say together. They will love being part of the action!

No comments:

Post a Comment