Sunday, August 26, 2018

Cat Themed Classroom Shower Curtain Ideas


This is a beautiful shower curtain that I found on Amazon. It was about $30. I bought two of them for Jessica's classroom. We put one on the wall near the group time carpet. It's colorful and showcases the names of different cat breeds. 


The yellow curtains that I got her last year never were really long enough to block all the playground action out the windows, so I had a plan for the other cat shower curtain, as you can see. I cut off the top row and the bottom row and sewed it on to the yellow curtains, to brighten up the room, AND to lengthen the curtains.  Our black silhouette cats still peek playfully out behind them. Don't they look AWESOME? 


That left the middle two rows of the second cat shower curtain, ( two groups of 4 cats) so I had Jessica pick her favorite section and I sewed a quick hem edge around 3 edges of the banner. (one side edge was already hemmed) 
See below? We hung the "cat banner" outside the classroom door, just over the desk that holds popsicle sticks with their names. They put their name in the cup that ways "school lunch" or the one that says "packed lunch."  I especially love this section because the Norwegian Forest cat looks like Jessica's cat, Mac, and my sister, Annette, has two Ragdolls, Slate and Cocoa.


This still leaves me with 4 more cat faces, and I think they are each going on a floor cushion cover. It's on my very long to-do list. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment