Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Zebra Table


Don't you love when some creative idea just hits you and you make something - it doesn't take long, and it comes out just like you want it to?  It happened here.  My daughter has the Animal Print Classroom that you see on this blog and I have the Dog Theme Classroom. I was helping her the other day and she has this system with the student names on sticks. As the students come in the door, they pick their stick up off the table and put it in the cup for lunch from home, or the one marked Cafeteria. The table was bare last year, so I'd picked up the zebra fabric and was going to just cover the table that day....

When I placed the fabric on the table, I just "Saw" him in my mind - Zeke, Zeke the Zebra, we named him.  I pulled up zebras in Google images on my phone, grabbed black, red, and green sharpies and a white poster board. About twenty minutes later I was double-stick taping Zeke's head to the wall just behind the table outside the classroom door.

I used black yarn to tie the fabric to the back legs - this gave him more of the illusion of being a zebra. The table legs near the wall didn't seem to need it. We had a little piece of furry zebra fabric that hadn't been used yet, so I cut Zeke a tail and wrapped the end of it with several short pieces of black yarn. Then I used heavy-duty double-stick tape to "Pin the tail on Zeke." lol.



Isn't he cute? It's like he's looking back at the students each morning to see what they are doing....

Now, I am going to have to make a dog table for my classroom. I will share with you as soon as I can get it done.  Maybe a dalmation....maybe a beagle......


No comments:

Post a Comment