Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Cake in a Mug


I haven't had a Ghirardelli Dark chocolate chip in so long.... and I was thinking about how good one of those would be this morning....with 2 slices of uncured bacon and a mug of coffee...... but I'd promised Ger - no chocolate chips in the house. So, I made a Pumpkin version and I didn't miss those chocolate chips at all!  We are gearing up around here for Central East Regionals 2013,  and I will be a sugar-free spectator, in my Crossfit Countdown shirts - - - can't wait!

I rubbed coconut oil inside my big coffee mug.
I added the dry ingredients and STIRRED:

1/2 cup almond meal
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

(I stirred with the fork I was going to eat it with)

Then add the wet ingredients:
2 TBSP local honey ( if you use raw honey, heat it a bit first; Pure maple syrup or agave will work, too)
2 drops real vanilla
1 egg
3 TBSP pumpkin (from a can - this is what makes it so moist)

1 heaping TBSP dried goji berries (optional; dried cranberries would be nice, too)

I stirred again, making sure I'd stirred all the almond flour up off the bottom of the mug.

I put it in the microwave for 1 minute and 50 seconds.

Dessert for one. Or, breakfast, with bacon and coffee! 


1 comment:

  1. I just noticed that this recipe is posted on the wrong blog! Sorry about that, school friends! But, it's getting page views, so I am leaving it on here as a commercial, of sorts, for my paleo blog, feedinggersasser.blogspot.com. "Feeding Ger Sasser" also has a fan page on Facebook, so join the fun there if you like and share with your friends. Ger Sasser, my son, and Crossfit coach, ranks 10th in the world on the Crossfit Regionals Leaderboard for 2013.

    ReplyDelete